The importance of automation testing cannot be overstated. With the quest to release the software faster in a world where device fragmentation is prevalent, automation testing is the only savior for testers. According to a survey by Zipdo, 73% of organizations perform test automation on their applications.
This is because automation testing offers the following benefits to testers:
- Saves Time and Money: Tests often have to be repeated every time there is a change in source code. Manually repeating these tests can cost both money and time. With automation testing, these tests can be run repeatedly without any additional costs at a much faster speed.
- Enhanced Accuracy: Manual testing is prone to errors as it becomes monotonous for testers. With automation testing, you can execute the same steps precisely and get detailed test results without fail.
- Increased Test Coverage: At times, in manual testing, lengthy tests are avoided as they take too much time. With automation testing, you can run the same tests unattended. Moreover, you can run tests in parallel, resulting in increased coverage.
As a result, automation testing has become increasingly vital for modern testing strategies. Multiple tools are available for the same, but most testers have consciously relied on BrowserStack as it is one of the most trusted ones in the market, according to people.
But what if we told you there are options that you’re missing out on? Apart from BrowserStack, various tools can offer you the same features or even better ones so that you can release applications on time, even in a high-pressure and time-sensitive setting.
In this blog, we will explore the top 5 BrowserStack alternatives and see why they could be your next choice!
BrowserStack is a cloud-based platform that helps QA teams run automated tests on native and hybrid mobile applications across various devices and browsers so that companies can deliver applications of high quality on time. The platform is famous for its cross-browser testing functionality and lets you test real-life conditions like hand gestures, geolocation, and notifications so that your app is ready for the real world.
Here are some of the advantages of BrowserStack that make it a popular choice among testers:
- Real-time testing on cloud-based infrastructure
- Integration with test automation frameworks like Selenium, Espresso, and Appium
- Support for over 2000 devices and browsers, including emulators and simulators
- Real-time time logs with video recordings and screenshots
- Capabilities like localization testing, visual testing, and network throttling
- User-friendly interface that even non-technical persons can use
Despite these advantages, BrowserStack isn’t free from limitations. The platform isn’t suitable for all testing teams as it does not fulfill their requirements. Here are some of the cons that testing teams have repeatedly mentioned about BrowserStack:
- Very costly for small companies and individual developers
- Difficulty in customization as users cannot control specific settings in their devices
- Requires stable and high-speed internet to ensure proper functioning
- Unresponsive support team that leads to delays in problem-solving
Due to these issues, testers are often looking for alternatives. To save you from that trouble, we list the top 5 testing tools that can replace BrowserStack and help you succeed in your testing projects. These tools empower quality assurance professionals, testers, and developers to automate their test suites efficiently and precisely.
Top 5 BrowserStack Alternatives in 2023
Take a look at these 5 BrowserStack alternatives and compare their features to arrive at an informed decision according to your needs.
TestGrid is an end-to-end cloud and on-premise testing solution that allows you to write and run automated test cases within minutes. With its powerful features, you can perform cross-browser testing, mobile app testing, API testing, and performance testing all under one roof without needing any third-party tools.
- You can automate test cases using simple keywords
- Uses AI to auto-heal and access code
- Allows you to scale up and down as per your requirements
- Provides web-based, full-scale API testing
- Lets you have access to hundreds of real devices any time you want
- Provides support for both legacy and latest devices
- Allows you to test on real-world conditions
- Allows you to run tests in parallel across browsers
Perfecto is an enterprise test automation platform that helps teams develop, execute, and analyze mobile app testing within the cloud. This helps teams release flawless apps on time, ensuring great customer reviews.
- Allows testers to automate repetitive tests
- Integrates with popular CI/CD tools like Jira and Jenkins
- Allows testing real-world conditions with sensor interactions and network simulations
- Provides detailed test reports with test execution logs and performance metrics
TestSigma is another alternative that lets you test web apps, mobile apps, and APIs just like BrowserStack. This tool is compatible with both complex and static apps and lets you work with a wide range of scripts.
- Allows you to write or auto-capture tests in plain English
- Uses AI to fix broken test scripts
- Provides step-wise reports for each test step for efficient debugging
- Provides features such as record and playback, data-driven testing
- Allows you to run tests in parallel across different OS/browser combinations
4. Sauce Labs
Sauce Labs is a cloud-based platform, which provides automated testing services for web and mobile applications. It is primarily used for running functional, automated tests on various browsers, devices, and operating systems.
- Provides AI-driven SaaS testing
- Provides intuitive in-app bug reports for faster releases
- Allows you to run multiple test suites in parallel
- Allows live testing on thousands of emulators and simulators
LambdaTest is another testing tool that testers use to perform cross-browser testing on more than 2,000 browsers and devices with varying screen resolutions.
- Allows execution of test cases on secure cloud-based Selenium Grid
- Integrates with popular CI/CD tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, GitLab CI
- Supports integration with project management tools like Asana
- Allows parallel testing to run tests simultaneously across browsers
To conclude, while BrowserStack is a favored testing platform among testers, it is not the only one. We have listed the top five testing platforms that you should definitely check out to derive maximum benefits from your testing efforts.
Out of all the tools, we recommend you try TestGrid, the best BrowserStack alternative. The platform provides cloud infrastructure with hundreds of real devices and browsers so that you can test your applications on real-world conditions like battery life, network strength, and lighting conditions.
To understand why TestGrid is better than BrowserStack, take a look at the features that TestGrid offers while BrowserStack does not:
- On-premise mobile cloud infrastructure
- Virtual USB for Android and iOS devices
- Scriptless test case writing for mobile apps
- Web-based API testing
- XCUITest support for iOS
- AI-based test creation from manual tests
- AI-based auto-healing of test cases
- API Load Testing
- Network Level Testing
So, try TestGrid and release bug-free apps that meet your requirements.